Your Health should be something that you safeguard and cherish. Quite often lack of exercise is one important factor that contributes to declining health. The reality is that exercise is a habit. The best way to cultivate this habit so that it becomes a regular routine in your life is to create commitments that force you to follow through.
In life we can have reasons or results. Which do you have more of?
The marketplace is filled with potions and lotions that promise all kinds of health benefits. Imagine that there was a pill that if you took it regularly it would help alleviate stress, improve your outlook and perspective, extend your life and strengthen your body. Chances are that you would acquire a lifetime supply of this pill. While there is no magic pill the next closest thing is exercise.
The reality is that you cannot achieve optimal health without exercise. Your body has seven channels of elimination to get toxins out of the body. They are the Liver, Lungs, Blood, Skin, Colon, Lymphatic System and Kidneys. All of these vital systems will only function optimally if you move your body and make the blood circulate throughout your body.
To build and strengthen your body, you need to give it the attention it demands and deserves.
Most people dread exercise. They perceive it to be a painful part of a fitness routine. A good fitness routine is not about training for a triathlon. Fitness is all about creating motion in the body and blood so that the body can begin a process that naturally cleanses itself.
Here are the top 5 ways to make fitness a priority in your life:
- Decide. The word decides is derived from the Latin root “decidir” which means to cut off any other possibility from occurring. Make the decision that your long term health is too important to compromise with a list of reasons.
- Find a friend or family member to increase your level of commitment. There is power in having to follow through because of a commitment you made to a friend or family member.
- Hire a fitness personal trainer and pay in advance. The best way for you to create a habit is to pay cold hard cash to an expert that makes you place a value on the decision you have made. If you commit your money to the experience psychologically it will assist you to follow through to the commitment you have made.
- Enroll in a group class. This can assist you in finding the support to stay motivated.
- Block off the time in your day planner and plan ahead. Write down your activity as a must-do in your daily planner.
It all begins with a simple decision. When you make that decision you need a few weeks to ingrain the activity to make it a habit.
I have found these simple techniques to be a fantastic way to make fitness a priority in your life.
Importance of Fitness
Physical and mental fitness should be an important focus of living. You make time to engage in routine activities each day, such as eating and bathing. Why, then, are exercise and fitness so frequently neglected? Fitness is, after all, vital to your overall well-being and quality of life.
There are several benefits to be derived from keeping fitness important in your everyday life. What are some of those benefits?
- Fitness keeps you looking and feeling healthy.
- Fitness helps prevent depression and reduces stress.
- Regular exercise helps to prevent certain types of cancer, including colon cancer and breast cancer.
- An active, fit lifestyle can lead to clearer thinking and better concentration.
- Incorporating fitness into your lifestyle can help keep your blood pressure at healthy levels.
- Staying fit can reduce or eliminate the risks of heart disease.
- Fitness can slow down the aging process.